Kid's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Summer Camp!
The camp will take place Monday Aug. 8th - Friday Aug. 12th from 9am to 12pm. No experience is necessary to participate in the camp. Don't miss out on the chance to have your child hang out with amazing instructors for a jam-packed week of fun, confidence building, and character development! If you would like to enroll your child in the West Linn, summer camp instructed by Scott Stein
Includes: Two Private Lessons and Free Uniform While Supplies Last! ...SUMMER SPECIAL.... ACT NOW!
DO YOU WANT TO TRAIN LIKE UFC FIGHTERS AND GET A WORKOUT THAT GETS RESULTS?
The camp will take place Monday - Friday from 9am to 12pm. No experience is necessary to participate in the camp. Don't miss out on the chance to have your child hang out with amazing instructors for a jam-packed week of fun, confidence building, and character development! If you would like to enroll your child in the West Linn, Oregon summer camp instructed by Scott Stein from June through June 27th - July 1st.
Unshakable Confidence with Kid's Jiu-Jitsu
Verbal Self-defense Training
Fun and Fitness for All Ages
Character Development & Drug Defense
It may be hard to imagine being attacked but it happens in the Portland area everyday. These attacks occur without warning and when individuals least expect it. It is extremely important for everyone to be prepared for times like these and that is why we take the subject of self defense very seriously.
Every day, across the country, individuals are hitting health clubs, unrolling yoga mats, pounding the pavement, and signing on to new fitness challenges.
Maybe they shouldn’t be doing it alone. It’s time you considered how physical fitness can benefit not only your own health and well-being, but that your romantic relationship. Why not grab your partner’s hand and invite him or her to be your workout partner as well? A growing body of evidence suggests that couples who sweat together really do stay together. In fact, working out together can…:
1. Beneficial for kids with ADHD
Studies show that a complex physical activity, like martial arts, strengthens neural pathways and networks in the brain, and enables kids with ADD/ADHD to practice self-control. Movement helps them develop coordination while building strength resulting in increased focusing ability.
2. Kids Get More Physically Active
With the obesity epidemic in the US, physical activity of all kinds are great to instill in young children teaching them to move their bodies on a regular basis. Martial Arts teaches kids that physical activity is important and should be part of a regular routine.
I’m getting so many letters from baffled parents with angry children. Some of the parents have a background of abuse from childhood. Others have a child with an anger prone temperament. Other angry children have a history of sexual abuse the parents may not know about
In Today’s Times We All Need Modern World Self Protection
Premier Martial Arts incorporates a combination of techniques found in four effective disciplines: Krav Maga, Kickboxing, Submission Grappling and Kali to provide students with a realistic personal protection system for a modern world.
Krav Maga (“contact combat”) is an eclectic hand-to-hand combat system developed in Israel that involves striking techniques, wrestling and grappling, mostly known for its extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks, and is taught to regular and special forces in Israel.
Knowing that self protection and fighting are totally different situations, our Kickboxing curriculum teaches our students techniques used in all ranges of realistic stand up fighting while getting them in the best shape of their lives.
Submission Grappling teaches our students how to defend ourselves in the event that we are taken to the ground in an altercation.
Through learning throws, joint locks, and submission holds students will be better able to defend themselves while standing up in close range or in the event they are on the ground.
In modern world self protection, the need for weapon defense and weapons training is a reality. Whether confronted with an attacker wielding a knife or stick, or teaching our student how to properly defend themselves with these weapons, the art of Kali gives the Premier Martial Arts student the knowledge needed to survive.
By combining these realistic and effective systems of the martial arts a student will be better able to defend themselves in any situation they may conceivably find themselves. Where most systems of martial arts focus mainly on one area of techniques, our mixed martial arts approach allows us to train a well rounded student of self protection.
New Years Special!
Commit to Fitness 2016! Tired of the same old workout routines? Martial Arts training can burn up to 800 calories an hour, increases your total body strength and flexibility, all while you learn to defend yourself and your family! Get started NOW with Premier Martial Arts New Years Special…Two Private Lessons for Only $27 and includes a FREE pair of boxing gloves while supplies last! Call 503-675-7463 TODAY to Schedule Your First Lesson. Simply Mention Code PMA2016!
Does Your Child Need Help Focusing and Concentrating?
Does your child have trouble concentrating on his home work? Do you find your child with a dreamy expression on his face when he is supposed to be studying? Children are beginning to explore the world around them. They are learning to think and analyze the cause and effect. Things that may seem mundane to the adult eye are new and wonderful for children. Therefore, they tend to be distracted by the things and happenings around them. However, there are many things you can do to help your child to attain a better concentration levels. One great way is children’s martial arts and karate classes.
• Set a routine. Set aside a specific time for waking up, having breakfast, and going to school, playtime, study time and dinner. Once your child establishes a routine, he will find it easier to concentrate on his work because he knows that this is the time you have allotted for work and nothing else.
• Make sure that the room in which your child sits down to study and do his homework, is one where there is no distraction. Let him read aloud if he feels it will help him from becoming distracted.
• Don’t let younger siblings, especially infants play near the room where your school going child studies. Their cries and infant babble may be a big distraction for your child.
• Look up the topic which your child is working on and capture his interest by sharing interesting and informative facts with him.
• Make dull topics interesting by playing quizzes and memory games.
• If your child feels sleepy or hungry, he may not be able to concentrate well so make sure he is not hungry or tired.
• Sometimes children tend to lose interest in a particular subject when they fail at it. Encourage your child to persevere. For this, you must show him that you have full confidence in his abilities and that you will help him in any way you can.
• If your child needs extra help, offer to help him out or arrange for tuition. Once he begins to understand and master the subject, he will begin to concentrate on his work.
• It is a good idea to let your child study along with his peers who are good academic performers. By doing this, your child can pick up tips and ideas from his friends.
• Be patient when you deal with your child. Yelling at him or scolding him when your find him distracted will only serve to make him frustrated.
• Let your child take short breaks while studying. This will help your child to refresh his mind and memory. Let him take a 10 minute break after 1 or 2 hours of studying.
There are several activities which can help to improve your child’s concentration.
Here are a few:
– Board games and card games demand concentration, and engaging in them will improve your child’s concentration levels.
– Read a story to your child and ask him questions related to it. This will help sharpen his memory too.
– Ask your child about his day. This way, he will make an attempt to recall the events and actions of his day and this in turn will help improve his memory and concentration.
– Count numbers or their multiples and skip one or two in between. Ask your child to find the missing number.
– Strange as it sounds, tongue twisters also help improve concentration. Your child has to listen with great attention to decipher the tongue twister you say. This will teach him to concentrate.
And finally Children’s Martial Arts and Karate Classes. Many health care professional now recommend children’s martial arts and karate classes to help kids improve their focus and concentration. For great children’s martial arts and karate classes visit Premier Martial Arts in West Linn.
New Years Special!
Commit to Focus and Concentration for your Child in 2016! When doctors recommend Martial Arts training for ADD disorders in children to increase their focus and concentration, you know it’s going to help your child in their school work. Now your child can receive focus and concentration training with Premier Martial Arts New Years Special…Two Private Lessons for Only $27 and includes a FREE Uniform while supplies last! Call 503-675-7463 TODAY to Schedule Your First Lesson. Simply Mention Code PMA2016!
Is Fitness is Your Goal?
No matter if you are five or sixty five…., Strength, Conditioning, and Flexibility are all benefits that a student can expect to receive with Premier Martial Arts Training.
PREMIER MARTIAL ARTS DEVELOPS AND BUILDS A CHILD CONFIDENCE FROM FIVE MAIN FACTORS.
- Good Finding. Our instructors are taught to be “Good Finders”. They are constantly looking for opportunities to praise and complement our students. Instead of always pointing out what a student is doing wrong, we are always trying to point out what they do right! This approach to teaching motivates the children though continuous positive energy.
- We Give A’s First. Our Instructors “Always Give an A First”. Our instructors at Premier Martial Arts understand that by complimenting children for their efforts, not just results, no matter how minor, motivates a student to try that much harder. Trying harder brings the child even better results and those results will develop true confidence. Then the cycle repeats.
- Belt Ranking. Premier Martial Arts has a unique way of setting goals and showing the progression of those goals, and that is though our Belt Ranking system. A beginning student starts as a white belt and moves though goals of different color belt ranks as they meet different physical, mental and curriculum requirements. This goal setting/learning and rewarding/goal accomplishment system rewards children for their efforts and progress and developments a strong foundation of confidence and continue to grow and grow.
- Self Defense. Children develop confidence at Premier Martial Arts though our self-defense instruction. In is no secret that children that have a sense of well-being and security are confident and happy. Self-defense training is part of every class a child takes at Premier Martial Arts.
- Fitness. With the childhood obesity rates skyrocketing in the U.S. It has never been more important that children learn and develop positive habits of nutrition and fitness. Beside health concerns for a child’s future, it is important to understand that a negative self-image is the main “killer of confidence.” Sadly our society continues to put more and more emphasis on how a person looks on the outside than what kind of person they are on the inside. How a child thinks about themselves is directly related to how they feel about themselves. If they think they are overweight and un- attractive, then this attitude will likely result in decreasing their confidence and self-worth. At Premier Martial Arts, we teach our children valuable life lasting lessons on nutrient and fitness. Through our training we develop happy, healthy, confident, successful children!
New Years Special!
Commit to Your Child’s Confidence in 2016! It has long been know that martial arts training develops confidence in children. Now your child can receive confidence training with Premier Martial Arts New Years Special, Two Private Lessons for Only $27 and includes a FREE Uniform while supplies last! Call 503-675-7463 TODAY to Schedule Your First Lesson. Simply Mention Code PMA2016!